Department: Traffic & Transportation
Who we are
We’re Rodgers Leask, award-winning consulting engineers with decades of experience, vast technical expertise and a friendly, proactive approach that our clients really value.
Over the years we’ve delivered projects of every size, in every sector, with every kind of complexity. Whatever the challenge, from concept to completion, we deliver imaginative, integrated engineering solutions that are rigorously designed, robustly cost effective and reliably buildable.
We are an equal opportunities employer who believes in rewarding and supporting those that have the drive and belief to be the best they can be. We care about the environment and are committed to creating a sustainable society.
Who you are
You would need
– 12 + years’ experience in the industry and have an aspiration to grow, establish and manage your own transport planning team,
– To demonstrate a proven track record of developing new business, managing multiple projects, key client contacts, and other stakeholders simultaneously,
– Excellent report writing skills with experience of preparing Transport Notes, Statements and Assessments, Travel Plans, – Understanding of relevant local and national transport policy and guidance, – Expert witness experience at planning appeals, local plan examination hearings or similar,
– Excellent organisation, communication, and presentation skills, with high standard of attention to detail and personal work ethic,
– Be a member of a professional institution such as the CIHT, IHE, TPS, (and preferably chartered via TPP, or CMILT),
– Demonstrable knowledge of sustainable / active travel innovations and design standards,
– Knowledge of DfT Webtag policy and strategic/microsimulation modelling such as VISSIM or PARAMICS Discovery,
– To be a competent user of junction capacity modelling software such as Junctions 10 and LinSig/Quickgreen, and other key industry software programs such as TRICS and TEMPro,
– To be proficient in preliminary highway design through competent use of AutoCAD and application of relevant design guidance,– To be a competent user of GIS software packages such as QGIS, ArcGIS, MapInfo, Basemap TRACC, Podaris,
– Flexible holiday allowance
– Company Pension scheme
– Hybrid working
– Interesting and challenging projects
– Autonomy to lead your own projects
– Excellent career progression potential
Aided by the office’s Regional Director and the Transport Planning Associate Director, you will be expected to lead the expansion of Rodgers Leask’s Nottingham Transport Planning Team, to complement the office’s existing multi-disciplinary services. With the support of an experienced Senior Transport Planner, you will work from an open plan office located in Nottingham city centre with immediate access to the city’s wide array of amenities and multi-modal transport options.
Get in touch! email@example.com